First thing before cleaning your chimney is to identify what type of filters are used in your chimney. Most of the kitchen chimney come with mesh or baffle filters,but if your chimney has a charcoal filter then it cannot be cleaned. Charcoal filters are to be replaced every six months to one year depending on your usage.
Now the next thing is if you have a auto clean chimney you need to take out the oil collectors and wash them.You can check the video below for details.
If you don’t have an auto clean chimney then you need to clean the filters. Follow the steps below for cleaning the filters.
- Take out the filters from the chimney hood.
- Add dishwasher liquid to the filters.
- Put the filters in a bucket of hot water. Make sure the filters are fully immersed.
- soak for 2 hours.
- Take the dish washing scrub and clean the filter.
- Dry the filters and attach them back.
You can use vinegar and baking soda also for cleaning.